Tuesday, November 26th, 2019
· When will the German Constitutional Complaint be decided and how?
· Will the UK participate?
· Do we still need a Unified Patent Court and a Unitary Patent?
· Is there still the political will to make it happen?
Public belief has it that German courts generally and “automatically” grant injunctions if they find a patent infringed. The presentation will outline the current situation and discuss possible changes to the law and court practice in view to industry concerns in cases involving live saving or complex products.
· Exceptions to the “automatic” grant of injunctive relief in preliminary and main proceedings
· Anti-trust and mandatory license defense in the life-sciences
· Preliminary enforceability
· Shortfalls of the enforcement procedure
· The injunction gap
· Possible changes to the law and court practice